The Importance of Play
Play is one of the most beneficial and valuable things you can do with your child.
- Play is how children learn to problem solve, multitask and interact with others.
- Play can look different for every child and every type of play is valid.
- Play is a natural expression of frustration or anger and can help children to regulate their emotions.
- Play allows your child to be creative and explore their imagination.
- Children learn about who they are and their personality through play.
- Play can strengthen the bond between you and your child.
- Giving time to play with your child sends that message ‘You are important to me and I am interested in what you say and do’.